Loading, Please Wait...
New Delhi: Four members of a family died when a major fire broke out at their house here early on Tuesday, an official of the Delhi Fire Services said. The accident occurred around 5.45 a.m. at their house in Dilshad Garden in east Delhi. A woman was seriously injured in the fire.
"We sent eight fire tenders at the spot and the fire was doused by 7.05 a.m. Fire fighters took out four dead bodies and a woman who was seriously injured in the fire," the official said. "All of the victims belong to the same family."
The victims have been identified as Pradeep, 55, his son Rajan, 33, his daughter-in-law, Soni, 28 and his grandson Ansul, 8. Pradeep's wife Saroj, who has received over 80 percent burn injuries is unconscious and being treated at a government hospital.
The official said it was a residential building but the family members ran a dry cleaning factory there. "The reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained," he said.
The fire officials suspect an electrical short circuit to have caused the blaze.