Loading, Please Wait...
Sydney: Legendary Australia spinner Shane Warne suffered a snake bite on his head after he dipped his head into a box full of the reptiles on a reality show that he is participating in.
After bravely facing boxes filled with African clawed frogs, scorpions, Madagascan hissing cockroaches and rats, Shane was presented with a box of snakes in an episode of "I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!" on Wednesday - and got a nasty snake bite on the head for his trouble.
While the snakes used are not venomous, they are more than capable of delivering a nasty bite - and Warne is absolutely terrified of the creatures.
"Shane has made no secret that snakes are one of his greatest fears so it's amazing that after being bitten he bravely continued with the trial. When Shane puts his mind to a task, he won't let anything stop him," executive producer of the show Stephen Tate was quoted as saying by Daily Telegraph on Wednesday.
The medics treated the bitten area with antiseptic and will monitor Warne for any signs of infection.
With a medic present at every trial, Warne received treatment as soon as the trial ended - and while he's been left with some small marks, there will be no permanent scarring. (IANS)