It is the best thing to grow up in an Indian household, as the culture and lifestyle is understandable by a few. But there are certain things that the Indian parents say that are really outrageous and offensive.
Here is a list of things that only people with Indian parents will understand.
1) It doesn’t matter how much you scored in your exams, the score of the neighbourhood Monty, Charu and Rinku is way more important! Comparison is key.
2) It doesn’t matter if you are or aren’t hungry, you must eat what has been served to you. After a point in time, you’ve forgotten what hunger feels like!
3) It doesn’t matter if you sliced off your arm, before you’re treated, you were shouted at for calling it upon yourself.
4) You aren’t allowed to cut your nails or your hair on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, Mondays or after sunset.
5) You have been forced to believe that those who watch television deserve spectacles!
6) You were required to take five different hobby classes during your summer vacations. Whether or not you liked them was inconsequential.
7) You truly believe that all ailments can be healed by Boroline, Vicks, Vaseline or a warm cup of milk.
8) It doesn’t matter if you’re 30 or 13, as far as your parents are concerned, you are not supposed to think of, let alone indulge in, any sexual activity.
9) If you aren’t planning on becoming a doctor or an engineer, your parents will never completely understand what you want to do for a living.